Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Toreq's son darkest hour

Wow, here I am, with my very first blog. I thought that I will never get myself entangled in the web of online story-sharing but I guess they'll always be the first time for everything...

Moving on, as the title suggests it, 17th February 2009 could be the darkest day ever in my life. I thought that I could be too critical with myself as I only lived for like 17 years+, but frankly speaking, I do think that this sort of days, if I would ever come across again in the future, could not be much more worse than this...I sure do hope so...

To kick things off, due to me worrying that I will wake up late for my very big day on the 17th of February, which will be me taking my JPJ road exam, I decided at around 1 a.m. that I will not sleep until the next day. I'm ok with that because I tried to resist the temptation for 2 straight days and succeeded.(For those who are weak at body and soul, better not try it) Furthermore, at 3.40 a.m, my favourite football team, Arsenal FC will have it's FA Cup replay against Cardiff at the Emirates Stadium after being postponed a forthnight ago due to bad wheather. 

So I killed time by repeatingly played my NDS, Mobsters, Speed Racing, and Overdrive on MySpace, and watched clips from Whose Line Is It Anyway on Youtube. I bloody laughed out loud all by myself many times in the middle of the night before so I guess that for anyone of my neighbours that were still awake, I think they knew that it was me laughing my trademark laugh. (Ask Amir Fitri about it, he got a bloody vendeta against my laughter.. =_=') It turned out to be a pretty good decision because at that game, Eduardo, which is the club's striker that suffered a full leg-break last season (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhX06KkpOoc for those who want to see and feel it) made his first start after being out for a year scored two fantastic goals that helped to secure Arsenal's place in the next round.

After the game, I chat with two of my old crushes...yes..two...(Stop thinking that a big guy could not have a past romantic life) They do remind me of my past that was so...pathetic...haha.. Anyway, around 7.30, I went to my girlfriend's house, Zafril Amzar, so that we could sit together on my motorbike with his arm around my waist and we cruising past the morning dew around Bangi Lama...haha... After receiving our blue cards from Mazris, we went to the Cemerlang Driving Centre to take our respective JPJ test. Mine's was in the evening, but because I had futsal at 11 with Ihsan Aminuddin, I asked that aunty at Mazris whether I can bring it to the morning session and without any doubt whatsoever, SHE BLOODY SAID YES!!!! 

After arriving at the driving centre, I saw a few of my friends that will also seat on the penultimate Kancil seat and be judged whether to bath in the glory and joy of passing the exam or suffer the dismay, purgatorical consequences of FAILING. We then stood behind this bloody long line just to get a bloody number. When it was my turn, everything went smooth until that JPJ chick said "Oh minta maaf encik, sesi encik adalah di sebelah petang. Encik tidak boleh memindahkannya ke sesi pagi kerana sekarang pun ada banyak orang yang sedang menunggu giliran mereka"

After giving her one last dismay look and hoping for a miracle, I turned around and told myself "Kepala P***** dia la. B*** apa x leh. Abis tadi yang kat Mazris cakap boleh tu apa CELAKA!!!" I headed to my bike, leaving my girlfriend alone, and headed back to my house because futsal will start in 2 more hours. Oh, I also saw Tam Ai May, whose looking sooo bloody cute with that purple stripe outfit and of course the ever so good-looking Syadza...ergh...I drool everytime I am in her presence...haha...

Fast forward to futsal, hmmmm, I must admit that I had played better matches so this one is pretty forgettable. And we were playing against Ihsan Tusirin's team, which is like a bloody professional futsal team because we got hamered bad. And the son of Aminuddin told me that it will all be fine because it is only a friendly. There were two events that had happened that had greatly influenced my day. One is a tackle from the opposing player that bended my left ankle pretty much like the Eduardo's leg-break. But I managed to pull out in time and just suffered a little glitch in my ankle. And he bloody moved on like nothing happened. From that moment onward, I started to get this feeling that something bad is going to happen. My early paranoia came true as I was chasing for the ball, somehow, I managed to land awkwardly on my left ankle  and twisted my ankle. The sad part is that no one was near me and I did this to myself... =_=' BUT THE BLOODY PATHETIC PART IS THAT THESE SO CALLED FRIENDS OF MINE, COULD LAUGH AT ME....damn...tau2 jer la sape yg terasa tu...

I went back home, with a half-broken ankle, feeling a little bit sad and frustrated to what my so called friends done to me...but hey, who am I to complain right? Let's just hope that these people won't get into a bloody car accident with me being right on the spot laughing back at them...damn... At home, thank Lord Almighty that my uncle was there playing my PS2...=_=' But, my uncle is pretty good in "mengurut" and "meluruskan urat2 yang telah terpesong" and so I gave him my left ankle for him to wave his magic. And it was a pretty painful session as my uncle waved his magic, I kept on screaming, sometimes laughing, towards the magic that he was putting me through... Some 10 minutes later, I must admit that I can walk with less pain on my left ankle as I slugged through my 5 minutes bath, with all the pain and the screaming...haha..

With my left ankle's performance compromised, I sure do have doubts whether I can change my motor gears and of course, the dreaded Kancil clutch. But I brave through the unknown and uncertainties and made my way, again, to the Cemerlang Driving Centre. During my trip to the centre, I must say that the road was pretty awesome and the feelings of riding it at around 80 km/h with your bike and 40 km/h with Mazris Kancils are two very, very different feelings. 

After arriving at the driving centre, I was made to wait for another 30 minutes when it was finally my turn to ride the dreaded MOUNTAIN OF DOOM!!! I was confident to finally and officially conquer this obstacle that many had failed to do so in the past. So there I go, 10km, 20km, 30km, 40km, when finally I was on top of the mountain. The feeling was great, even though for only a brief second as finally when reality hits me back in the head, my front tyres passed the yellow line and I forgotten to put on the brakes... I flew past the whole thing like a bloody jet plane... At the other side of the mountain, I finally pull the handbrake, put my head on the steering wheel as one JPJ officer came over to congratulate me on my failure. 

"Nasib baek ko ingat tekan break dik...aku takut sampai ke semak ko lupa nak tekan break..."
Those words...those bloody words...will forever ring in my ears till the day I die!!! CELAKA!!!

Down but not out, I managed to conjure my remaining spirit to have a final confrontation with the devil. Apparently, the devil wears Prada as my JPJ officer is a woman. 

"Ceh, hina sangat ke aku harini.." I told myself...

So, I done all the routine 5-point early check. I guess I managed to impress her when I switched off the engine to show that I'm different from the rest...haha.. So, we passed the first obstacle which is the little hill outside Cemerlang with no problems. But I must admit I took my time with that right hand corner out of the hill, probably 5 minutes. Because of me watching too much House, after seeing her being a little bit aggitated by my slow right corner off the hill, instead of trying to please her, I drove at around 40km/h and I can clearly see she being annoyed with each passing second.

Again I took my time at the first traffic light, as slowly as I can be. I moved my eyes a little bit to see her reactions when I think that she was not noticing... So, along the very slow ride, I tried to push the limit of the slowness of the Kancil at the 3rd gear. I think I was moving at around 40 km/h.

"Awak ni bersiar-siar makan angin ke atau sedang periksa JPJ? Saya tengok awak tak penah guna gear 4 pun..." She said suddenly out of the blue breaking the silence inside of that small Kancil car.

After hearing that, I went to change my gear to 4th after rounding the shop lots. I used that gear all the way back to the Cemerlang Driving Centre while going 30km/h. Sometimes even reaching 20 or even 10 just trying to prove a point...haha...

When reaching the final corner before my stop, because my car was in 4th gear and went like 20 km/h, the car went semput and is very close to stalling.

"Tegur sikit jer terus tak nak tukar gear dah...aduhai..." She said without looking at me. I think my effort of trying to annoy her without failing my test was succesful after hearing that remark of hers. I then put on a small grin to signal my victory. 

"Sorry dik, adik gagal sebab kurang cekap mengawal steering kereta, tidak menggunakan gear yang sesuai mengikut kelajuan dan adik drive perlahan sangat yang boleh membawa bahaya kepada pemandu dibelakang. Sign sini dik.." She said to me with no sense of guilt at all shown in her face, somehow proud and arrogant though..

After hearing that, I was shell-shocked. Driving slow is actually bad for someone. With reluctance and a huge sense of being denied of a pass, I forced myself to take the bloody pen and sign my name....

"Terima kasih kak, semoga hidup akak diberkati tuhan...assalamualaikum..." I told her with my voice growing deep full with anger and rage before managed to control it and left the car. 

"Baek-baek tau...dia ni p***** sikit.." I told the other guy waiting outside of the car for his turn.
The guy gave a grin and forced himself to experience the devil himself.

I was so bloody furious by being denied of justice that I quickly limped myself to my bike and ride my way out of the cursed place. Before moving, I played Highway to Hell by ACDC on my phone before putting on my helmet. I must admit that I was riding pretty fast, fueled with my anger, sorrow, and disappoinment, not to mention the song, I was also riding pretty dangerously. I felt nothing of such feelings when I reach the traffic light and gave a sharp left-hand turn into the Akademi Percukaian. I must have missed the bump on the road as I came in cornering at around 50km/h, with such speed, such poor road quality, and of course ACDC's song, my bike went airbourne for a brief moment before came crashing down and skidded half a foot off me. Luckily, the traffic weren't hectic and they managed to stop in time of me came crashing down. 

With Highway to Hell still loud in my ears, and my already twisted ankle being hammered by the weight of my bike, and a bloody huge wound now located on my left elbow, I struggeled, I forced myself to put away the confusion, to conquer the pain, and collect my stuffs, my thoughts and continue on riding with my now injured body, and bike. Thank Lord that there was this one fine soul that helped me up and collect my things before I continue on riding.

I kept on cursing, cursing, cursing, and cursing my bloody luck today and wished for nothing worse that could happen. Suddenly, with the already grey clouds looming over my head, drops of rain begin to fall upon my helmet, my head, my injured body, and of course, my bike. I bloody stopped my bloody bike, open my bloody helmet, and bloody shout....

"******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I almost swear of God that that chain of events almost made me cry..... I took in a long, deep breath before finally start my journey back home again, this time around 40km/h with my already battered bike and wounding body in the deep pouring rain. 

Reaching home, I slowly opened up my shirt and cleaning that nasty wound on my left elbow with running water and lots of cotton sheets. 

While writing this first ever blog or mine, my friend, Syakira, all the way from Johor, seemed to be my only bright light for today's very, very dark day for me. 

And at the end of this blog, I came to notice that there is this one saying that says...

THINGS THAT DON'T KILL YOU WILL MAKE YOU STRONG.

I gave that thought a little laugh because thinking of the things that had happened today, with the above saying, it's pretty ironic how things work out...haha...

So there you have it boys and girls, my first ever blog, about me being rammed with chains of unfortunate events...haha..


8 comments:

  1. aiman....kenapa ko tulis karangan sejuta patah pkataan...aku nak faham yg ko lulus ke x JPJ je. tp ayat panjang sgt aku da x paham.

    so..ko lulus x?

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg man, what a day for you!!

    reading this, i now fear for my jpj test..ala, lambat lagi..komputer test pon blum amek lagi...all the same...THE HORROR!!!

    oh, this is TK btw. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaa... wey! nama aku ada! tahaha..

    takpa2.. 2nd time a charm rite :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry dude i laughed when u twisted ur ankle,

    it jus so damn cute when u suddenly fell 'terduduk',

    good blog or good essay i will say,

    5 bloody stars i give youu!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DUDE!! you failed your JPJ test?

    theres goes my chance on making me pass...now your making worried even more.. but anyway nice blog but i pity you for your unfortunate events...i give you 95% for your blog but dont get to cocky man hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. wa lao!
    i don get it, y the heck u wana annoy ur jpj officer!! wat the fish...
    bt damn.. rily heck of a day for u...
    twisted ankle and stuff and go for a test.. ahhh.. some1 fell down and kena laughed, common laa... don u remember dats ur hobby while u were in primary skool? hahahaha
    anyway, better chance in 2nd try! i not yet even start to learn to drive.. = =''
    brian here! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice holmes
    aku turut simpati ngan kegagalan ko 2
    ish, aku plak yg cuak
    siot...haha
    btw, i got a bloody vendetta of ur laughter?
    hahahaha
    u got that right!
    :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  8. But..i thought...Shima was with Dek (as in, Firdaus)??? Unless I got the wrong gossip la last year... =..=ll

    ReplyDelete