Tuesday, July 14, 2009

2 movies that made me cry.

I am that type of guy that will never, ever, ever, EVER shed any tears when watching any particular movie....I'm a pessimist...pessimists don't cry watching emotionally gripping movies...no matter how gripping they are...haha.

BUT...I'm still human and those feelings are still within me...mainly sadness and guilt. I will admit that they are only two movies that successfully made me cry...not that whole bloody tears running like a water hose type of crying...just 4, 5, or maybe even 6 drops of tears slowly dripping down my cheeks and of course, that warm and fuzzy feeling inside that made me felt guilty about everything for about 2 or 3 hours after watching the movie...haha.

The first ever movie that managed to bring me into a state of "sadness" was Land Before Time. It's a cartoon movie where dinosaurs could talk and sing. The main character was a Long Neck called Littlefoot, yeah, I still remember the name of the characrter...haha.

Hmmm, I saw this movie in VCD at around 8 or 9 years old. Yeah, at that particular time, my interest in dinosaurs was like...LEGENDARY!!! Dinosaur books, dinosaur toys, dinosaur pictures, dinosaur posters, dinosaur pajamas, dinosaur bags, dinosaur pencil case...you name it...I GOT IT ALL...haha... To be frank, I knew a whole bloody lot about dinosaurs if compared to my friends and my parents combined. But sadly, they were not as interested as me in dead giant lizards, and as time passes by, the interest also faded away from me. And because I watched the first two Jurassic Park movies, Tyrannosaurus Rex; yeah, that big kickass son of a bitch of a bloody giant lizard with bloody sharp razor teeth and one hell of a mouth, at that particular time, was my 9 year old version of House...haha.

Anyway, moving on to the sad part. Hmmm, I was crying like hell when this scene, where Littlefoot's mother, was on her last remaining seconds of being alive after being attacked by a Tyrannosaurus Rex, told her son that she loved him very much and he must remain strong to survive and reach the new nesting ground.

Heck, I was so bloody sad that I was practically a different kid for like 3 weeks. I ate a little, I laughed a little, I played a little, and yes, I cried a lot. And I kept on watching Land Before Time over and over and over again. My parents were starting to worry so, instead of cheering me up by telling me to forget about dinosaurs, oddly enough, they bought the first Jurassic Park movie in VCD and we all watched it together.(I guess I got that perangai pelik characteristic from them.... =_=') And strangely enough, after watching it, instead of hating T-Rex for eating and killing so many people, oddly enough, I kinda worship that kickass dinosaur....haha...dari kecik perangai dah pelik...haha.

Moving forward to a much more recent time period, just now to be precise. I watched Titanic on Star Movies at 3 p.m. just now, and strangely, I felt that feeling that was all so warm and fuzzy inside of me which I hadn't felt for a pretty long time. In particular at the tail end of the movie where the ship was sinking. Strangely, I felt that unexplained feeling after watching that everyone was dying, or accepting the fate that whey will die.

A mother telling her two children the last bedtime story in this particular life....1st drop of tears came down my cheeks.

A couple of old people hugging together on their bed realising that that will be the final few moments they will spend together in this life...2nd drop of tears came down my cheeks.

The captain deciding to go down with the ship...3rd drop of tears came down my cheeks.

A band of classical music instruments players playing some sad music and stuck to their job even when the ship is going down....4rd drop of tears came down my cheeks.

A priest saying verses from the Bible to the passengers moments before the ship broke into two...5th drop of tears came down my cheeks.

Rose let go of Jack's hand to save herself after seeing the lifeboat, looking on to him while he slowly faded away down to the deep dark ocean....6th drop of tears came down my cheecks.

The older version of Rose telling the exploration crew on how 1500 people was in the water wating for 60 lifeboat to come back in which only 1 eventually did so thus rescuing her and 5 other souls...with 1494 others left to die....7th drop of tears came down my cheecks.

And lastly, Rose imagining her being with Jack, kissing in front of everyone of the victims and being cheered on...8th drop of tears came down my cheeks.



I don't know why I just started to understand this movie now. I watched this movie, on VCD like back when I was 12 or 13 years old. But back then, it was only to see Kate Winslet's naked body...haha. Kecik2 perangai pelik...besar2 perangai pervert...waduh. =_='

Anyway, to those of you who didn't watched Titanic yet, do watch it. The acting of Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio was realy, really convincing. For a moment, I believed that true love was still out there somewhere...only briefly though....haha..


So, ladies and gentlemen, there you have it. With that, I'd finished my first ever 19th blog entry in my entire life. Hope you guys enjoy it...cheers.

7 comments:

  1. woah! i never thought u also cried watching titanic

    its not that i don't believe u, but...yela, u look like umaga. hahaha just kidding! :P

    me too man! i was sad like a true bloody pantyliner...
    all those event near the end of the movie really touches my heart too
    especially when it is added with celine dion's song
    damn...T_T

    ReplyDelete
  2. tak penah terfikir dinasours can bring a big impact to someone's life,

    btw,tak rasa pelik pun,guys do cry rite?
    ngee

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm.. so far there are no movies that bring me to tears. Talentime ALMOST brought me to tears though, when the dude played a sad song at the end. But it's quite surprising that u cried while watching Land Before Time when u were little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Land before time is legendary;)

    titanic, yeahh, that particular moment really really made me cried as heck. seriously it does bring impact to me. till now. its sad when we have to hold our loves tight when u know bad things will strike just a couple of minutes, geez yeahh its emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree on land before time.

    titanic, no hahaha, try this one lah. the notebook. that one is a very romantic story but sure it will make you cry. seriously haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey i saw the land before time when i was 5 on VCR! i kinda cried too. and that movie kinda brought me all into archeology that i even dug up the backyard to find some fossils ( i did found bones... but those were tulang ikan that my mom threw out.. bummer).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg mai! Fancy bumping into u here.

    Land Before Time is a classic. Had it in VCR too. Watched it over n over, cried every single time too.

    As 4 titanic...I only cried when Jack's frozen body starts to descend into the depths slowly...heart wrenching in every sense of the word. Exquisitely tragic. Never really liked romance movies.

    ReplyDelete