Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The reasons to why I celebrate Hari Raya.

Hmmm, it's philosophical alright, the reasons to why we celebrate Hari Raya. I mean, everyone should have their own reasons to why they are looking forward to the particular day, and every single one of them reasons should be different right? With that in mind, it is the thing that had been bugging me all week, to know which one of them many reasons, are the ones that can be considered...logical.

For as long as I can remember, the two main reasons to why I am so eager to celebrate Hari Raya is first money, and then second, the food....yeah, I'm that shallow... Actually, I don't know how to rank these two in terms of which one comes first. Comparing money and food...it's like comparing a threesome and a foursome...lol

Anyway, I'm not talking about them shitty RM1, 2 or if you're lucky RM 5 duit raya...them things are childplay... I'm talking about the motherload...RM100 here, RM200 there, and if you're really, really, really lucky, RM...

wait for it...
....
....
....
a lil bit more hype...
...
...
...
RM 500!!!

I still remember a few years back, on that particular Raya, I made a record high of RM 1000 just from receiving money from grown-ups... Were they feeling somehow obligated to give that much money just to prove a point and to feel good about themselves? I mean like yeah, they do give me money everytime I went back to Kluang, like maybe RM50 and stuffs, but RM500 on a single day? Had they done something terribly wrong that it's worth RM500? But what the heck right, their guilty conscience renovated my pocket to be a little bit more deeper and harder to burn through...haha.

I do think that this reason of mine, is indeed logical simply because to earn some extra cash. But strangely, weirdly, I never knew what happened to all that money though. I was still immature to handle that amount of money at that particular time so my mom, like any other typical, good mothers out there, decided to keep the money for my future's sake....yeah right. haha...

But damn it, this year, I only made....RM 150.

DAMN YOU AMERICAN CAPITALISTIC TRADING SYSTEM!!!! BECAUSE OF UNCLE SAM, I AM SUFFERING!!!!!!!


Moving on, second reason is the food. Oh my god, the food, I tell you, it's like tasting a teenie tiny microscopic bit of heaven.

Ketupat=RM 2.80

Sambal kacang= RM 2.00

Rendang daging= RM 4.50

Kuah lodeh (this is what us javanese call it..ala, yang kuah putih tu)= RM 1.50

Combine them all together= PRICELESS.

Am I being too critical here by stating that them raya food are indeed better than sex, drugs, and alcohol COMBINED? No, no...what am I saying. Nothing beats them three...haha.

And dudes, in particular the dudettes, I MAKE MY OWN BLOODY KETUPAT...yeah, as in find the bloody tree where I can get them bloody ketupat leaves, anyam them bloody ketupat leaves to make it all cute and square, and boil them bloody cute ketupats so that I can later fill ma stomach with them. So girls, what do you guys think of me now? kening2...lol.

And don't get me started with them kuih-muih. My favourite, them cornflakes with honey holding them little flakes together, sprinkled with sesame seeds and little pieces of fruits. ESTACY!!!

BUT WAIT!!! I discovered a new version, cornflakes with chocolate sauce. That's not the thing that I'm so eager to tell you though, you eat both of these two versions TOGETHER.

The taste?
Honey+chocolate...
LEGENDARY!!!
LEGENDARY I TELL YOU!!!

Haha...anyway, guys, these are the two main reasons to why I celebrate Hari Raya.

But wait, what about them forgiving each other and stuffs you ask?

What about them forging stronger relationships with your relatives and stuffs you ask?

What about them religious side of raya and stuffs you ask?

Chill, I will touch on them more sensitive matters in my hopefully, next blog entry. I'm still in festive mood to write stuffs that are sensitive and provocative.


So, ladies and gentlemen, there you have it. With that, I'd finished my first ever 26th blog entry in my entire life. Hope you guys enjoy it....cheers.

4 comments:

  1. wtfffffffffffffffffffffffff
    my CNY angpau never reach rm500 = =''
    and u made ketupats!! damn, guess its kinda big compared to others then.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol dats clearly wat we youngsters r thinking everytime the word 'raya' pops up - money & fooodd.
    oh wow, n i suck at the anyam ketupat thing. I salute u man~~ XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. rm1000? in my dreams la...
    there's no fucking way i'll get that much. my uncles and aunts they're too stingy... and the fact that my dad earns more than everyone in the family kinda puts them off to give duit raya to me...

    ahaha, i don't even know where i put all my duit raya anymore... it's all inside the bag, in the car, under the table... stolen and such

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god....rm 500! thats heavenly mannn...
    mine also never reached rm1000 one.
    aiman..ko wat muke comel eh time mintak duit? lol..;)

    ReplyDelete