Sunday, August 9, 2009

People with power.

Well, my heart opens up to write on the above subject as to the fact I was pulled over by two cops while on my way to Alamanda last night. I had always been wondering, for them people who are influential in something, any particular thing, do they actually know that they're in some way, somehow, playing God?

Back to the cops thing. Ok, I was pulled over by two cops because apparently, they somehow blocked this secluded road on route to Alamanda by pulling over people that they SUSPECT to have broken the law only by glancing upon them for like only 3 or 5 seconds. And I thought that because the road was supposed to be secluded, what are the chances of meeting a bloody cop right, furthermore two of them...but yeah, somehow, all the 8 planets managed to allign themselves, all the powers in the cosmos banded together so that on that particular night, on a particular road where it was supposed to be secluded, on a particular road that I always took before this without bumping into any cops, on that particular trip to Alamanda, precisely at that particular moment, yeah, they're this two bloody cops...damn it... Oh, and I was riding with a friend as my passenger...double damn it...

They asked for my license and IC, so I gave it to them without any complaints...they got two bloody guns for God's sake. My fist strikes hard and fast, but not faster than a speeding bullet... Anyway, up till that moment and time, I could only hope that I wouldn't get a ticket because my license was only L and I pasted no L on my bike. Crossing my fingers, I was preparing my mind to think out of an elaborate excuse, A.K.A a white lie in order to flee another ticket. Mind you that I already had a RM 300 fine that was still waiting for me at home embracing me everytime I entered through the front door of my room with it's despicable and sarcastic laugh...celaka. And my mom doesn't know about it...yet...lol.

"Bang, L mane? Tak lekat pun kat moto.."

"Erm, ni moto second...moto first ade lekat...kat umah."

"Pastu L, tapi bawak orang. Mane leh camtu dik..." It seems that after looking at my IC, only then they realised that I was only a bloody 18 year old...lol.

"Tak, dah buat P dah...baru jer last week buat. Tak dapat lagi..." Yeah, a white lie...

"Dah setahun baru nak buat P?" Oh shit, he's right. Come on Aiman, THINK!!!

"Tu sebab ade dua bro. Pass lesen kete lu...baru moto." REBOUND!!! lol...

"Abis tu, tak kan la banyak kali kot fail moto..."

I swallowed my pride...

"Lima kali bro...haha... Tak power ar pasal moto ni..." I was trying to make him feel that I'm this dush, so that he'll think that I'm inferior than him, giving him this illusion that he has authority over the whole situation....yeah, I'm an evil genius!!! Fist bump.....

They gave this little expression to each other that I was this budak kampung or something. I was kinda disgusted, but anything to escape a fine...lol.

"So bro, ni kene saman ke tak ni?"

"Nak kene ke tak?"

"Kalo boleh, bagi warning je boleh tak?" Fingers crossed, I kept quite and hoped for the best.

"Ok, dah, gerak. Laen kali aku jumpa ko tak lekat P, siap ko..."

I told my partner to get back on the bike, and we both continued our journey to Alamanda.

After that little thing with the police, with the law to be precise, I wanna ask my dear readers, what makes people think that they can play God all of a sudden? To be frank, first of all, I'm jealous with people with power...because I don't have as much power as they do. Secondly, I pity them because they're such a pathetic reason of a human being when they abuse their power and authority. Lastly, they use their authority and influence to make decisions that could alter a person's life.

I still remember my MARA loan interview last March, for the final question, they asked:

"What question do you want to ask us my boy?" I was kinda hoping that this sort of question would come out because I practiced in front of the mirror with the question a bloody lot of times. When the question came, yeah, like Barney Stinson seeing Asian girls with big boobs in bars, my mouth became all watery all of a sudden...lol.

"Erm, no offence, but I want to ask that what makes you three people think that you guys are capable and qualified to judge a young boy or girl based on some 5 minutes interview and a resume on his past achievements in school? Is it because you guys are much older than us? You guys are more experienced than us? You guys had done this thing for such a long time that you guys are experts in decoding any person in 5 minutes time? I mean do you think that you guys are willing to hold responsible to answer to The Big Guy above one day because of the answer between a "YES" or a "NO" could somehow effect a person's life, possibly denying a person of a better future because you guys managed to succesfully decode a person in 5 minutes time into being eligible or not into accepting this loan?"

Yeah, they answered...but I wasn't quite listening because I was pretty tired at that particular time and my mind was already set on getting to bed once I reached home....lol.

Dear readers, my point being, it had always intrigued me on how these people with power managed to sleep at night knowing that they're the only ones that are comforting themselves, telling themselves that they had made all the right decisions on matters regarding other people. I mean, do they actually have this power into controlling their conscience and manipulate them into telling themselves that they are indeed capable and have every rights to control such powers to determine the outcomes of others that were supposed to be carved out by the other people themselves?

My advice, to them aspiring leaders, just think about it very thoroughly when you're about to have power in your hands to decide the outcomes of many different important things that will effect many different things either directly or indirectly. I trully believed that I could be just one question away from not getting that MARA loan because to be frank, without the question that I'd just asked them, they'll probably think that I'm just this normal guy...no biggie...there are many people like me in this world...I'm just not THAT guy that they're searching for...not THAT guy that contains the X-factor...

Only now I trully understood the meaning of:

"With great powers come great responsibilities..."

Again, Hollywood, thank you....


So, ladies and gentlemen, there you have it. With that, I'd finished my first ever 22nd blog entry in my entire life. Hope you guys enjoy it...cheers.

12 comments:

  1. man. last2 kau dpt x loan tu? and cne kau leh hafal dialog sume tu eh? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post aiman !!!!
    i like it ~!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously interesting...
    dis must b bugging u 4 quite sumtime,
    n due 2 the Bad Cops II incident,
    u came out wit this briliant post..
    so those freaking allignment n cosmetic power did blessed us with sumthing
    (the "cosmestic" word is intended,in case any of you think i m a dush..but a lil bit inferiority never hurt, maybe a little..as shown by our Aiman here)

    but is quite strange that u dont listen to the answers from those interviewers s u prepared da Q..while imagining asian chicks i presumed...haha

    sorry panjang..bt this is something we can relate

    ReplyDelete
  4. RM 300 tu bile nak bayar tu man..? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you really asked the question?

    Meh, my MARA interview (last Dec) was phoney. I had to kinda act all happy and interesting and even lie. Nasty stuff.

    Even if you don't really wanna submit to people with power, however much you loath it, you have to give in, because they.... simply can decide for the betterment for us.

    It's pure shite, if you ask me. But that's life,

    ReplyDelete
  6. dang...even though I have a P i still don't have the courage to drive to Alamanda lol. Ya, these people are bulls***, especially that woman whose face keeps appearing in any media there is in Malaysia (or maybe the whole world...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Meh, my MARA interview (last Dec) was phoney. I had to kinda act all happy and interesting and even lie. Nasty stuff."

    ahaha Mai, I spouted my lines like a tape recorder! xD It was kinda funneyhhh.

    Yes. Malaysia should stop giving high posts in the governement to social science people. When idiots rule academicians, Malaysia terjadi :S

    Which is why that PPSMI thing got cancelled in the first place. Oh, terpesong, maaf ye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fati: buto la wey...celaka... it was something like that la...the way i remembered it...6 months already la lol!!! haha... yeah, i got the mara loan...just didn't received the money yet...haha..celaka..

    win yee: only the blog? not the person? wink2.. haha...

    Esan: Bapak ar...HOW THE HELL DO YOU BLOODY KNOW!!!?? haha..

    ReplyDelete
  9. John: actually, I listened..just forgot on what they had said..haha.. yeah, we can relate to that alright...LOL!!!

    Mai: yeah, I really did. Because at that particular time, some way, somehow, someone inside me told me that I am kinda losing the battle... so at the final hurdle, that little guy told me to just do it... and like Nike's main slogan, I JUST DO IT...haha...

    alatariel: who's the woman we talking about here? kinda lost...haha..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leana: hahahaha...tape recorder...LOL!!! hmmmmm, is it Plato or Aristotle? haha... yeah, the government who is responsible for cancelling PPSMI, believe me, they'll owe one bloody huge of an explaination to God for destroying the lives of many young Malaysians...sumpah bangang...

    ReplyDelete
  11. tabik spring to u la aiman. didnt they staggered when you asked that q? hahaha. u should record that moment, post it in youtube. im sure lotsa people want to see it. ;)

    [like ur post, btw. ;)]

    ReplyDelete
  12. byk lak alasan nk kene saman, ngahaha

    ReplyDelete